OUR MISSION: Meals On Wheels of San Francisco, its staff, interns and volunteers provide seniors what they need to live independent and dignified lives -- nutritious food, professional social work, and friendly human contact.
THE POSITION: Meals On Wheels of San Francisco (MOWSF) seeks exceptional candidates to serve as Interns in the Volunteer department. The Volunteer Coordinator Intern for Good Neighbor Programs will learn about volunteer engagement in direct social service programs and will develop skills in volunteer and community recruitment and management. Volunteers in the Good Neighbor Programs work directly with MOWSF clients by being matched with a client (Match), delivering essential items or doing specialized tasks (Client Needs) or cleaning clients’ homes (House Cleaning).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Volunteer Coordinator Intern will do some or all of the following:
- Volunteer outreach and communication to support recruitment, on-boarding, and supervision to prospective and current volunteers
- Client outreach and communication to support the client/volunteer match process and follow up on services provided
- Help support the Match program in various ways as needed
- Coordinate the on-boarding process for new volunteers
- Assign Client Needs volunteers for pick-up, delivery, and special tasks
- Help coordinate the House Cleaning Program, including polling volunteers for availability, contacting clients, and scheduling
- Perform relevant administrative tasks, including data entry, volunteer hours collection, and other tasks as required
- Assist in developing processes and procedures, online and hard copy forms and materials, and recruitment material as needed
- Assist in volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, and recognition events.
- Support Volunteer Department staff and other interns when necessary on projects
- Other duties as requested by Manager of Volunteer Programs
- Bachelors Degree or current/part-time students
- Experience/strength/interest in one or some of the following: Volunteerism, Volunteer Management, Gerontology, Social Work, Social Services, Project Management, and/or Non Profit Leadership/Management
- Experience and/or interest in communicating with seniors
- The ability to lift 35 lbs
- Work 2-3 weekdays in our offices at 1375 Fairfax Avenue in the Bayview
- Minimum of 16 hours/week total for a minimum of 4 month commitment
- Available occasional evenings/weekends
- Learning from and collaborating with experienced volunteer management, social service, and nonprofit management professionals
- Networking and exposure to non-profit professional work
- Being part of a positive, mission-oriented agency doing life-changing work on behalf of seniors throughout the city
- College credit/fulfilling college requirements
- Letter of recommendation/references may be provided upon request
- Reports to the Manager of Volunteer Programs
- People Skills
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Elder care
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- - Minimum of 16 hours/wk for a minimum of 4 months
- Volunteers with Wheels needed by...
- Make calls to check on homebound...
- Community Engagement Intern
- Good Neighbor Program: Join our...
- Be a Good Neighbor to a senior...
- Social Services Volunteer...
- Data & Research Intern
- Good Neighbor Program:...
- Home Delivered Groceries Driver
- Fresh Grocery Bag Assembly -...
- Spend a few hours talking with...