Volunteers will be needed to help assist the OTS staff and other OTS staff with daily procedures.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROCEDURES:
Display positive image of Cardinal Hill by demonstrating courteous behaviors towards clients, visitors, volunteers, and employees.
Assist with patient safety issues.
Assist with therapeutic pool and Phase III Wellness Program.
Assist Secretary by answering phones, relaying messages, making copies, and doing other light clerical work.
Assist with cleaning equipment, bringing therapist’s equipment, or replacing equipment.
Provide support during gait training by helping with equipment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE:
Must be familiar with the location of the units in the hospital. Must complete Cardinal Hill Hospital orientation that is volunteer specific. Must complete the OTS training and orientation. Be dependable, have a positive attitude when volunteering and respect the patient's rights. Must maintain patient confidentiality.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills. Good communication and listening skills with children and adults.
2. Must be willing to accept change and be sensitive to needs of client/families in stressful situations. 3. Ability to communicate directions in a simple manner and work as a team member.
4. Adequate conversational English to understand and take direction, as well as understand safety guidelines, the employee handbook, and hospital policies.
5. Requires extensive sitting, standing, and walking.
6. Must have good physical condition, mobility, verbal articulation, vision, and learning must be readily performed.
7. Ability to walk, push wheelchairs.Age Specific Competencies
Must be 16 years of age or older and be able to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds. Provides patient services based on identified needs/developmental level for all patient populations; incorporation of age-specific characteristics in patient education, communication and planning; provision of individualized care relevant to patient needs; and recognition, monitoring and provision of interventions as appropriate.
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Water Recreation
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours