7 people are interested
Rock a Patient's World with Music
7 people are interested
Due to COVID-19, only home patients may receive volunteer visits at this time. The patients or their care givers have to be comfortable with such visits.
To adhere to safety protocol, volunteers must:
-Wear surgical mask-we will supply these for you.
-Take own temperature prior to visit. Temperature must be under 100 degrees.
-Use hand sanitizer before, after and throughout visit as necessary.
If you love music, then why not share your talent with our Crossroads Hospice patients in Massillon?
Whether you sing, play the guitar, piano, ukulele, accordion, or any other instrument, you should join our team of volunteers and bring joy to the hearts and ears of our patients.
Volunteers provide companionship and support to hospice patients and their families by visiting and spending time with patients. What better way to spend your time visiting than with sharing your music?
Our flexibility allows you to decide how much time you can give each month; and we will match your interests and schedule.
We work all over Northeast Ohio, going to wherever the patient calls home (private house/apartment, nursing home, assisted living facility). We strive to keep our volunteers within a 15 minute drive from the patients they visit - so you can volunteer right in your local community!
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
Stark CountyCrossroads HospiceMassillon, OH 44647
August 4, 2021
- Wind Instrument
- String Instrument
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- You make your own schedule!
- Annual Training & TB Test/risk assessment, Flu Shot (during flu season)