Enhance Your Office Skills as an Administrative Support Intern!
70 people are interested
OC Community Resources (OCCR) consists of four programs - OC Animal Care, OC Community Services, OC Parks and OC Public Libraries. OC Community Resources is committed to connecting people with resources.
The OCCR Volunteers, Support & Safety team collects data to generate department reports, provides safety program oversight and supports the administrative functions of OCCR.
Duties may include assisting staff with one or more of the following assignments or projects:
- Provide administrative support by preparing electronic files, spreadsheets, reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct research and analysis and draft reports/findings on special projects.
- Participate in day-to-day operations.
Internship is best suited for college students or recent graduates with an interest in pursuing a career in the public sector and/or in gaining experience within an office/administrative environment.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
OCCR is seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and dependable
- Eager to gain professional experience
- Able to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Reliable, outgoing and able to work independently
- Experienced in Internet use and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
Minimum 10 - 20 hours per week for 3 or more months. Hours must be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.). Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to the Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes/work history and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge acquired in an academic setting to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Network with professionals in their fields of interest
Required Background Screening/Reference Check:
The background screening requires the applicant’s full legal name, date of birth, address and U.S. Social Security number. Turn-around time for the background screening is approximately 72 hours.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter, writing sample and unofficial transcript to Jane.Dawson@ocgov.com. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe career and academic goals, to elaborate upon personal and academic accomplishments, to share areas of interest that relate to the internship and to identify what type of internship experience they are seeking. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours.
We'll work with your schedule.
1770 North BroadwaySanta Ana, CA 92706
- Internet Research
- Administrative Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- 10 or more hours per week
- 3 or more months