Job Title: Furniture Mover Volunteer
Job Definition: To assist the lead furniture mover with pick-ups and deliveries of furniture. This is a wonderful opportunity to take donated furniture and deliver them to homeless families in our community. We really need help so please consider helping even if it is just one hour a month!
Job Specifications: Able to lift and move furniture.
Day of Volunteering: As your schedule permits during the week and/or on Saturdays.
Report To: Bob White
Compensation: None - Volunteer Opportunity
Record Keeping: Each volunteer must complete a volunteer application, sign a confidentiality release form, pass a Colorado State Criminal Background Check, and keep track of the hours spent working on the PIH volunteer sheet.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Ability, interest & motivation to pick-up furniture donations from the community
- Ability, interest & motivation to deliver furniture to our homeless families
- Ability to adhere to our confidentiality requirements
- Possess Interactive people skills
- Truck Driving
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week or once a month
- Ability to lift and carry furniture