This is a year-round volunteer opportunity.
The Tutoring Program at the Boys and Girls Club of Collier County provides students with extra help in small groups and one-on-one settings, in academic subject areas including; Reading, Math, Language Arts, Science, Foreign Languages, and Social Studies. Retired teachers, education majors, and other community volunteers with a variety of career backgrounds assist in tutoring members. During the school year the program serves 2nd - 12th grade members, Monday-Thursday, 3:30-6:30 PM.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Complete a volunteer application.
* Are screened by professional club staff.
* Attend a Boys & Girls Club of Collier County orientation.
* Sign agreement to adhere to the Volunteer Policies & Procedures Handbook.
* Available from October - April and ability to provide commitment and consistency.
* Strong listening skills and the ability to communicate with children and teenagers openly and in a nonjudgmental way.
* Willingness to establish a relationship of equal responsibility and respect with a member and help him or her achieve personal and academic/career goals.
* Strong and practical problem solving skills and an ability to suggest options and alternatives.
* Sensitivity to persons of different education, economic, cultural or racial backgrounds.
This volunteer opportunity is also available at our Bolch Campus in Immokalee.
1155 Roberts Ave West
Immokalee, FL. 34142
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The organization will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or any other protected group status as defined by law. Boys & Girls Clubs of America will also not discriminate against employees or applicants based on sexual orientation or gender identity.