217 people are interested
Legal Content Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Illinois Legal Aid Online
Please visit the new page to apply.
217 people are interested
Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) puts the law within reach for all. ILAO streamlines the delivery of free and pro bono legal services to lower-income Illinois residents, and delivers easy-to-understand legal information and assistance to those who can't afford a lawyer.
We need Illinois attorneys to help us review and revise our content to ensure legal accuracy. Our volunteers also help us draft new content in areas we haven't covered yet. We also accept attorneys licensed in other areas. Please do not apply if you are not an attorney.
As a Legal Content Volunteer, you can work from any location at any time. All you need is a desktop computer or laptop with a reliable internet connection.
Work as little or as much as you would like. (Volunteers receive as many projects as they want in a given year and contribute an average of 4 hours per project over a 3 week period.) Receive training and ongoing support to edit and revise our content. Enjoy the flexibility that comes along with this volunteer opportunity and have fun while working convenient hours.
About Illinois Legal Aid Online
120 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60603, US
The mission of Illinois Legal Aid Online is to lower barriers to the law so that people can understand their legal options, make informed decisions, and when necessary, represent themselves. ILAO leverages technology to put the law within reach for all Illinoisans regardless of their location, income, and education.
Illinois Legal Aid Online will continue its proactive leadership role to increase access to justice through the use of technology by pursuing three overall goals:
1. Provide lower-income Illinois residents with user-friendly legal information, educational articles and forms all written in plain English; "self-help" resources; and other related materials.
2. Provide information about pro bono opportunities, training and practice support and other relevant information and resources for current and prospective pro bono attorneys in Illinois.
3. Provide training and practice support tools and other relevant information and resources for legal aid advocates in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 17, 2022
- Critical Thinking
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs minimum/month
- Law degree and at least 1 year of practice experience