"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own." -- Benjamin Disraeli
Many young people are looking for someone to spend a few hours a week with them to be a positive influence and give them hope for the future. Our group mentoring program is an excellent way to make a positive impact in a child's life.
The Guidance Center's Group Mentoring Program is a program that focuses on goal setting, self esteem, healthy decision making, positive thinking, and career pathways through a variety of enrichment activities and group projects that will ultimately motivate today's youth.
Group Mentoring takes place after school in a comfortable and positive setting where the youth can be themselves and truly connect with their mentors.
The Mentoring relationship is a12 month commitment with weekly contact for 1.5 hours a week. Research suggests that when a match ends prematurely it is more damaging to a child/youth than if they had not been matched at all.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must clear a criminal background check
- Obtain a Department of Human Services (DHS) Central Registry Clearance
- Complete proper training provided through the mentor program
- A mode of transportation
- Mentors must be committed and stable individuals who have a positive attitude, patience, a love for children, and the desire to inspire youth between the ages of 7-17
Location 1: The Guidance Center , Southgate Days/Times: Monday or Wednesday from 4:30 - 6 p.m. or Tuesday from 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Location 2: Walter White Community Resource Center, River Rouge Day/Time: Thursday from 4 - 5:30 p.m.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 months