In order to meet the critical need for a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) prepared workforce in Orange County, Science@OC works "To inspire middle school students to excel in Science and explore STEM careers." We are looking for STEM professionals to join our STEMCorps volunteer program.
There are a variety of opportunities for our STEMCorps members to make a difference in a student's life
- Project-Based Learning: Interact with teachers to help design their lessons and make them career driven. Approximately a 5-hour commitment in the summer.
- STEMploration: Booth at a career fair and share your experience in the field and your career pathway.
- Community STEM Synergy: Host an engaging, hands-on activity for students and their families based on your career or your field of study. A most rewarding experience! Attendance of a 2-hour orientation/training required.
All STEM professionals and researchers that are passionate about what they do and want to share their experiences in a fun and exciting way are welcome to join the STEMCorps. STEMCorps members impact the teachers, middle school students, and the students' families in Orange County. There is a two-hour orientation required for STEMCorps members that would like to organize a STEM activity in a Community STEM Synergy.
If you are interested in our STEMCorps program or would like to attend the orientation, please fill out our online volunteer application at https://goo.gl/forms/iUvY3c9QALd2t4HB2 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could learn more about or organization and volunteer opportunities by visiting our website, www.scienceoc.org.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekday evenings
- Attendance of 2 hour orientation/training might be required.