Financial Literacy Program Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereLittle Tokyo Service Center231 E. 3rd StreetLos Angeles, CA 90013
Little Tokyo Service Center has developed a Financial Capability and Asset Building Program for residents in their low income and affordable housing.
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Lead workshops for families and individuals based on their financial literacy needs
- Examples of workshops include:
- Developing a monthly household budget
- Reducing credit card debt
- Enrolling in education or additional training
- Opening bank accounts
- Assist with translating workshops and other material relating to workshops
- Administering surveys to gain data on the population to better serve the community's needs
Empower residents to gain knowledge and increase their financial opportunities!
English speaking and bilingual volunteers needed (Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese) and while no previous financial experience is necessary, it is a plus!
If you are interested, or would like to learn more, please fill out the interest form here: https://goo.gl/forms/sAocU0e0a4CBfisE3
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to Melissa C Cruz at 213.473.1634 or email@example.com
- Public Speaking
- Resource Development / Management
- Financial Literacy
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training