***** Seeking volunteers 55+ ****
Reading to students within the Grand Rapids Public School district, grades 1 - 3, to improve their reading/literacy skills. Volunteer will follow lesson plans and utilize strategic tutoring models; responsible for reporting outstanding progress, problems/concerns to program coordinator on a weekly basis.
Two 1/2 hour sessions per week (one half hour per student) same student each time.
Volunteering will take place at a variety of the GRPS elementary schools.
To become an RSVP Member, volunteer must be 55+ years.
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Relationship Building
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- September - May
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Making Your Neighborhood a Great...
- Library Art Atendant
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a Wyoming VIP Today!
- Your Voice Is Heard!
- Become a VIP and help your...
- Indoor VIP Wanted!
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Help the Community at Community...