Youth FIRST Club provides 4th - 7th grade youth a safe, structured place to go after school at no cost to families. All participants get a t-shirt, receive a snack, participate in an anti-drug workshop, and spend an hour in a small group with a volunteer doing a fun activity such as playing games, doing arts & crafts, learning about a volunteers’ job or interest, or other fun activities. Each week is different!
Volunteers are the foundation of our after school programs. We offer over 100 sessions per school year and volunteers are the key to a successful experience for young people. Volunteers really enjoy the time they spend with youth too!
Volunteers are expected to:
- Be on time;
- Notify Community Partnership no later than noon (651-674-4085) if you are unable to volunteer on a day that you signed up;
- Stay until the designated end time;
- Notify the site coordinator if there are student behavior problems;
- Be a positive influence;
- Help students make new friends;
- Reinforce the anti-drug messages;
- Be respectful of teacher’s classrooms - please leave it in the same, clean condition it was in when you started your session;
- Encourage your friends, co-workers, and others to volunteer.
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- One hour, one time.