Fresh Express Food Giveaway Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
AGAPE and the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank have partnered to offer Columbia and Montour County residents with fresh produce. Fresh produce, dairy, deli and other products that are distributed help provide the building blocks for a healthy and productive life. This program offers low-income individuals and their families with nutritious, supplemental produce to fill the gap they may face due to limited resources. We are looking for volunteers who can help with the various tasks needed to ensure our neighbors receive food every Thursday.
How You Can Help:
- Collect and drop off plastic shopping bags to AGAPE to help prepare our bags for packing
- Help sort and/or pack bags with food
- Assist clients with signing in
- Help distribute food to clients, may include transporting bags to client’s vehicles
When Do You Need Help:
Some volunteer tasks can be done anytime that is convenient for you. For example:
Those interested in collecting plastic bags can collect and drop-off at AGAPE anytime.
Those interested in setting up the tables, sorting and preparing bags should expect to be available on Thursdays between 9:00 and 12:00.
Volunteers interested in helping with the distribution and clean-up of food should expect to be available on Thursdays between 12:00 and 5:00.
If you aren’t available for the whole shift or can’t commit to each week, we understand and appreciate any time that you are able to give.
We'll work with your schedule.
19 East 7th StreetBloomsburg, PA 17815
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Setup: Thurs 9-11; Distribution: Thurs 12-5