Drivers wanted to deliver meals to home-bound seniors and/or persons with disabilities.
Drivers deliver healthy meals to home-bound Kent County residents, enabling them to enjoy the comforts of their own home. Drivers will be responsible for efficiently and safely delivering meals on a weekly basis, typically during a 2-4 hour shift. Those delivering meals will come in contact with recipients, have the opportunity to engage in light conversation and help create a brighter day for the resident.
Drivers will drive their own personal vehicle, a good driving record is necessary and comfortable driving in a variety of weather conditions, neighborhoods and working with minimal supervision. An assigned route will be given with emphasis on minimal total miles.
Basic navigation skills, understanding basic food safety/refrigeration are essential.
To become an RSVP Member, volunteer must be 55+ years . This is an on-going commitment.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 per week
- Compassion for vulnerable populations
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Senior VIP's In Action!
- Art Prize is fast approaching!
- Library Art Atendant
- Welcoming Families to a Brighter...
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a Grambassador for the...
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Active Volunteering!
- Make a Difference to a Child...