This is a seasonal volunteer opportunity.
Boys & Girls Club of Collier County is seeking qualified volunteers to serve as volleyball, basketball, flag football, lacrosse, baseball, cheerleading, and swim coaches. Coaches support the Athletic Director and Athletic Staff and encourage members as they participate in various athletic programming in the gym, pool, side field and baseball field. This volunteer position has some Saturday morning commitments. During the school year the program serves 1st-12th grade members, Monday-Friday, 3:30-7:00 PM and some Saturday, 9:00-12:00 PM, Summer Times, 9:00-6:00 PM.
Volunteer Requirements for All Volunteers:
* 15 years and older (18 and older require background check with copy of driver’s license).
* Complete a volunteer application.
* Are screened by professional club staff.
* Attend a Boys & Girls Club of Collier County orientation.
* Sign agreement to adhere to the Volunteer Policies & Procedures Handbook.
Additional Requirements for Coaches:
* Comprehension of the rules of each sport.
* Able to conduct practices, drills, and games with school aged children and teens.
* Experience playing the sport at the HS, college, or recreational club level helpful.
* Represent the Boys & Girls Club in an appropriate professional manner, displaying proper coaching etiquette.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The organization will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or any other protected group status as defined by law. Boys & Girls Clubs of America will also not discriminate against employees or applicants based on sexual orientation or gender identity.