BE A MENTOR.
CONNECT. ENGAGE. EMPOWER. INVEST IN BOSTON's FUTURE.
Inspire high school entrepreneurs to launch their first business & empower students to take charge of their education, careers and life.
BUILD is selecting a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals to mentor high school student business teams. BUILD mentors inspire high school students who are at-risk for dropping out of high school to start & run real businesses and aspire to college success. Help us to BUILD the entrepreneurs and professionals of tomorrow!
AS A BUILD MENTOR YOU WILL:
- Support students in the creation & launch of their own small businesses
- Develop meaningful relationships with your team.
- Help students explore business, college and career paths at weekly classes and on field trips.
- Be a part of an innovative passionate network of entrepreneurs & business professionals
- Work alongside like-minded, community-oriented mentors from across the Greater Boston area
- Receive on-going training and support from the BUILD Staff
OUR MENTORS SAY:
"Stepping into the classroom, I feel transformed. I'm no longer an entrepreneur fighting my daily challenges. Some days I'm a coach. Some days I'm a mentor. Some days I'm a drill sergeant. Some days I'm a friend. Every day, I'm rewarded. Being a BUILD mentor has been my most rewarding experience in the last year." - Slava Menn, BUILD Mentor
- An interest in working with high school students
- A strong value for higher education
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Any major)
- At least half a year of professional work experience (Any field)
COMMITMENT: 2 hours once a week from October - June.
- Fill out our online application at: www.build.org/mentor
- Questions? Email Katie Quigley Mellor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about BUILD: http://buildinboston.org/
BUILD uses entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of youth from under-resourced communities and propel them to high school, college & career success.
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Financial Literacy
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week from October to June
- College degree with one year of professional experience preferred