BE A MENTOR. CHANGE A LIFE!
Inspire high school entrepreneurs to launch their first business & get on track to college success!
BUILD is selecting a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals to mentor high school student business teams. BUILD mentors inspire high school students who are at-risk for dropping out of high school to start & run real businesses and aspire to college success. Help us to BUILD the entrepreneurs and professionals of tomorrow!
AS A BUILD MENTOR YOU WILL:
- Support students in the creation & launch of their own small businesses
- Inspire students to get on the path to college
- Ignite a love for education within disengaged high school students
- Be a part of an innovative passionate network of entrepreneurs & business professionals
- Work alongside like-minded, community-oriented mentors from across the Greater Boston area
- Receive on-going training and support from the BUILD Staff
- Make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth!
OUR MENTORS SAY:
"Stepping into the classroom, I feel transformed. I'm no longer an entrepreneur fighting my daily challenges. Some days I'm a coach. Some days I'm a mentor. Some days I'm a drill sergeant. Some days I'm a friend. Every day, I'm rewarded. Being a BUILD mentor has been my most rewarding experience in the last year." - Slava Menn, BUILD Mentor
- An interest in working with high school students
- A strong value for higher education
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Any major)
- At least half a year of professional work experience (Any field)
COMMITMENT: 2 hours once a week from October - June.
- Fill out our online application at: www.build.org/volunteer
- Questions? Email Ben Stewart at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about BUILD: http://buildinboston.org/
BUILD combats the high school drop rate by engaging at-risk students in entrepreneurship. BUILD students start and manage their own small business and receive the academic and personal support they need to get on track to college. Read more at www.build.org
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Financial Literacy
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week from October to June
- College degree with one year of professional experience preferred