As a partner to the chief executive officer (CEO) and other board members, the Board Chair will provide leadership to All in Need, Family support as it transitions into a newly formed 501(c)(3). The Board Chair will support and sustain the work of All in Need, Family support, and provide governance leadership and strategic fundraising support. Specific responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Being a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements All in Need, Family Supports strategic plan
- Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders
- As a board member, approving All in Need, Family Support’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by All in Need, Family Support for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Coordinating an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and Nominating Committee in recruiting board members
- Periodically consulting with board members on their roles and helping them assess their performance
- Planning, presiding over, and facilitating board and committee meetings; partnering with the CEO to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring All in Need, Family Support’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities All in Need, Family Support serves
- Particpate in local chamber functions a (3 times a year)
- Attend AiN's specail events: Easter Egg Hunt, Breakfast with Santa, Trunk or Treat, and Birthday Party per year
- Attend at two (2) respite events (Revive) per year.
- Must sit on one (1) subcommittee
- In collaboration with the CEO, generating substantial annual revenue and fostering All in Need, Family Supports’s overall financial health
- Personally treating All in Need, Family Support as a top philanthropic priority reflected in an annual financial gift
- Ensuring that 100 percent of All in Need Family Support’s board members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation gifts
All in Need Family support’s Board Chair will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of All in Need, Family Support’s beneficiaries and who has a track record of board leadership. The selected Board Chair will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair
- Track record of building credibility in the funding community that has resulted in major gifts to a nonprofit
- A commitment to and understanding of All in Need, Family Support’s beneficiaries and mission preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with natural affinity for public speaking
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of All in Need, Family Support’s beneficiaries
Service on All in Need Family Support’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Graphic Design / Print
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 year commitment
- Let's Play Games! Group Leader
- Be the Difference: Sub...
- Have fun with kids in the...
- You want to help, but don't want...
- "Assist one child at a time" 1:1...
- Be Our Smile! Receptionist
- Kids, do you like them? Become a...
- Keep us Moving Forward! Office...
- Chairperson of the Board of...
- Hey You Nurse! LPN or RN