Relay For Life of Silicon Valley North Needs a Survivors & Caregivers Lead!
9 people are interested
The survivors and caregivers lead recruits, recognizes, and engages survivors and caregivers from within the community.
Individuals in this role will use survivor and caregiver recruitment resources and tools to be able to clearly communicate the benefits of getting involved with the American Cancer Society and the Relay For Life event. Individuals in this role will develop relationships with and serve as the primary contact to survivors, caregivers, and organizations that serve or interact with large numbers of survivors and caregivers.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Cultivate relationships with survivors and caregivers.
* Assist activities lead and ceremonies lead to plan powerful ceremonies to celebrate and recognize survivors and caregivers.
* Assist mission lead to educate survivors and caregivers about the Society’s cancer prevention, detection, and support services.
* Collaborate with community champions to recruit new and retain previous survivors andcaregivers.
* Collaborate with recognition lead to recognize and honor survivors and caregivers.
* Develop relationships with and serve as the point of contact for organizations that serve orconnect with survivors and caregivers such as: hospitals, treatment centers, support groups, faith-based groups or organizations, employers, etc.
This is a year round volunteer role.
About American Cancer Society - Relay For Life
7000 Village Parkway, Suite E, Dublin, CA 94568, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. This is the signature event of the American Cancer Society and the largest community activity of its kind. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, field, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are 24-hour overnight events to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps.
We'll work with your schedule.
Sports Basement1177 Kern Avenue3rd Thursday of the Month, 6:30 pmSunnyvale, CA 94085
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 3rd Thursday of the month, 1-3 hours per week
- Plus up to 30 hours on event weekend