Students Wanted - Join Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteers!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
34 people are interested
Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteers are unique people who have special places in their hearts that motivate them to provide voluntary services to our Hospice patients and their family members in the home care and inpatient settings.Hospice Volunteers are thoroughly trained in hospice care and are members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team. Specific volunteer tasks may include:
- Giving relief to family caregivers in the home to allow them some special time to rest and relax.
- Running errands and grocery shopping.
- Sharing a hobby or interest.
- Reading to the patient, writing letters or cards, and making telephone calls.
- Preparing light meals and menu planning.
- Listening to music together.
- Visiting with the patient and family.
Volunteer Assignments are located throughout San Diego County. Inquire today!
We'll work with your schedule.
10992 San Diego Mission RoadSan Diego, CA 92108
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year, 4 hours per week
- Volunteers assigned to patients within 10-15 miles of home, work, or school