Ronald McDonald House Charities - Fun and Engaging Special Events Internship
29 people are interested
Orange County Ronald McDonlad House provides long term housing for children and their families while the child receives treatment for critical and life threatening illnesss.
Assist with coordination of Orange County Ronald McDonald House signature events.
Must be willing to volunteer occasional evenings and weekends.The special events intern should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Gather information on each special event to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Contact community partners for in kind donations.
- Prepare invite lists, create/maintain invite database, prepare and send invitations.
- Assist with set up and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Take responsibility for social media pertaining to event.
- Maintain up-to-date event documents including site-schedule forms and action plans
- Procure and organize supplies for events
- Position will shadow marketing department staff, offer input into projects, will be invited to meetings, and may be asked to assist other departments
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
To apply: please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Special Events Intern"
We'll work with your schedule.
383 S. Batavia StreetOrange, CA 92868
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Data Entry
- Social Media / Blogging
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week