Walk For Kids - Fun and Engaging Special Events Internship
3 people are interested
This opportunity will be for Spring, between January/February - April/May.
Academic Credit ONLY.
Assist with coordination of Orange County Ronald McDonald House signature events.
Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The special events intern should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Gather information on each special event to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Contact community partners for in kind donations.
- Prepare invite lists, create/maintain invite database, prepare and send invitations.
- Assist with set up and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
To apply: please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Special Events Intern"
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California, Inc.
383 S. Batavia Street, Orange, CA 92868, US
The Orange County Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms provide a comforting "home away from home" for families with seriously ill children receiving treatment in Orange County hospitals.
The idea behind the Orange County Ronald McDonald House is simple: provide a comfortable and affordable "home away from home" for families shouldering the burdens associated with a child who is being treated at a nearby hospital.
Some children must travel great distances to get the medical attention they need. Hospital treatments may last a day, a month or more than a year. For the families of these children, affordable accommodations are few and far between. Often, they are limited to costly hotels or unforgiving hospital chairs.
The Orange County Ronald McDonald House offers a comfortable, supportive and affordable alternative for these families. It’s a temporary home near their child’s hospital where they can sleep, eat, relax and find encouragement from others. It is much more than just a nice place to stay. It helps to anchor families in very trying times. It can reduce stress by providing a venue where people can talk things out with others who are wrestling with the same issues.
The actual cost for one family per night is approximately $150. However, families are asked to pay only $10 per day. If that isn’t possible, their stay is free. For this reason, the Orange County Ronald McDonald House seeks the support of individuals, foundations, corporations and service groups.
It takes more than windows and walls, kitchens and bathrooms to make a House a home. Dedicated volunteers help us keep our doors open around the clock, 365 days a year. This allows our guest families to focus on one thing--the health of their child.
The Orange County Ronald McDonald House keeps families together when it counts the most. It helps relieve the stress of finding and affording someplace to stay. And, it helps families remain physically and emotionally strong when they need it most. It is The House That Love Built and filled with hope.
383 S. Batavia StreetOrange, CA 92868
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Youth Services
- Business Development
- Crisis Intervention
- Children Medical Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per week