Volunteer Resource Coordinator
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1 Normal AvenueMontclair, NJ 07043
Position Title: Volunteer Resource Coordinator
Hours of Service: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (Some weekend and evening hours required)
The EECO AmeriCorps member will coordinate the Volunteer Resource Center to improve the CSI’s
capacity to engage student volunteers and others in positive experiences and to more effectively address
community need and foster campus/community partnerships. To accomplish these objectives the EECO
member assigned to CSI will coordinate all aspects of the Volunteer Resource Center.
Coordinate community partnerships and service placements for Montclair State University students and organizations by making site visits, coordinating communication with partners, and organizing
* Develop and maintain a community service database and volunteer tracking system that matches
student volunteers to community service projects and captures and manages data regarding
* Evaluate and assess service project effectiveness and partner satisfaction.
* Liaise with student organizations (fraternities, sororities, student organizations, and service clubs,
etc.) to promote services of the resource center and facilitate links to the needs of the community and
train them on best practices for volunteering in the community.
* Develop and maintain community partnerships. Outreach methods may include: presentations to
faith, business, and community groups; attending meetings in the community, and utilizing the media.
* Create evaluative tools to assess success and areas of improvement for the Volunteer Resource
* Plan and implement days of service for the members of the Montclair State University community and
surrounding community members.
* Plan, organize, and coordinate the annual MSU National Day of Service for staff, students, faculty,
* Support the creation of a Community Service Advisory board.
* Complete all CSI and EECO AmeriCorps Program reports and other paperwork as required.
Training and Evaluation:
* Participate in multi-day orientation and ongoing training opportunities
* Attend personal and professional development training provided by host site
* Participate In training associated volunteer management
* Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week and events sponsored by the New Jersey
Commission on National and Community Service
* Assist evaluators in gathering information related to program improvement.
* Free childcare
* Free health insurance
* Free gym membership to the Montclair State University Recreation Center
* Training Certification from the MSU Network for Educational Renewal
* Deferred student loan.
* Internship stipend- $15,530
* Education scholarship- $5,700
For more information contact Danielle Dapiran at email@example.com or by calling (973) 655-7882.
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training