Do you have the spiritual gift of teaching and enjoy seeing people grow spiritually? If that sounds like you, consider joining our team of committed Life-Line convalescent ministry staff and volunteers who share God’s love in senior homes and to other special groups across San Diego!
As a Life-Line volunteer trainer, you will help equip a growing number of volunteers to serve in various capacities within the community. General training topics for volunteers will include those that pertain to serving in senior homes to ministering to other special groups under Project Lighthouse. Project Lighthouse is a co-op ministry that offers support for at-risk youth and their parents, suicide prevention, and end-of-life concerns. Special training will be offered to volunteers to address specific needs within the community, such as grief counseling and memorial service preparation. Volunteer training will consist of one to three, two-hour classes on Saturday mornings, as per a rotating schedule from which volunteer trainers may choose.
- Prepare, organize, and present training material, as needed
- Commit to learning what the organization does and how it operates
- Research current local and legal requirements for various types of volunteer training, as needed
- Instruct volunteers in the following areas:
- Volunteer orientation
- How to do a proper room visit
- How to teach a Bible study
- How to lead a group in worship
- How to witness to others
- Learning about regulations for Life-Line Convalescent Ministries, facility homes, and state and federal regulations
- General to specific training topics to be determined
- Trainer must have at least six months of Life-Line volunteer experience.
- Volunteer must be able to travel to and from the Life-Line office, as needed.
- Trainer has the spiritual gift to teach with a solid knowledge of the Bible and experience in leading, training and presenting training material in both a hands-on and classroom environment.
- All volunteers must complete online registration and other requirements through Life-Line's "Registration" page of our website at www.life-lineministries.com.
- Adult Education
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Three hours or more per week
- Six months of previous Life-Line volunteer experience
- Calling All Faithful Teachers....
- Thrive in building...
- Put your writing skills to good...
- Become a Bible teacher in a...
- Servant leaders! Become a...
- Committed office specialist?...
- Befriend the elderly. Become a...
- Fundraising specialists! Help...
- Share your gift of music with...
- Social networking butterflies,...