Calling All Faithful Teachers. Train volunteers to serve in your community!
4 people are interested
Do you have the spiritual gift of teaching and enjoy seeing people grow spiritually? If that sounds like you, consider joining our team of committed Life-Line convalescent ministry staff and volunteers who share God’s love in senior homes and to other special groups across San Diego!
As a Life-Line volunteer trainer, you will help equip a growing number of volunteers to serve in various capacities within the community. General training topics for volunteers will include those that pertain to serving in senior homes. Special training will be offered to volunteers to address specific needs within the community, such as grief counseling and memorial service preparation. Volunteer training will consist of one to three, two-hour classes on Saturday mornings, as per a rotating schedule from which volunteer trainers may choose.
- Prepare, organize, and present training material, as needed
- Commit to learning what the organization does and how it operates
- Research current local and legal requirements for various types of volunteer training, as needed
- Instruct volunteers in the following areas:
- Volunteer orientation
- How to do a proper room visit
- How to teach a Bible study
- How to lead a group in worship
- How to witness to others
- Learning about regulations for Life-Line Convalescent Ministries, facility homes, and state and federal regulations
- Trainer must have at least six months of Life-Line volunteer experience.
- Volunteer must be able to travel to and from the Life-Line office, as needed.
- Trainer has the spiritual gift to teach with a solid knowledge of the Bible and experience in leading, training and presenting training material in both a hands-on and classroom environment.
- All volunteers must complete online registration and other requirements on our website at www.life-lineministries.com.
About Life-Line Convalescent Ministries
8805 N. Magnolia Avenue, Santee, CA 92071, US
"Our mission is to communicate God's love in order to share the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ."
Life-Line Convalescent Ministries was founded in February of 2000 with a vision to minister in local San Diego convalescent and retirement communities and beyond.* "Our mission is to communicate God’s love in order to share the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ." With nearly 200 volunteers, we provide non-denominational services in the form of Bible studies, church services, and friendly room visitation to over 60 senior facilities in San Diego each week. We also supply needed personal items requested by residents such as toothpaste, socks, undergarments, and wheelchairs. All church services are based on the Word of God. Grief counseling is also provided through Life-Line. If you would like to learn more about our ministry, please visit our website at www.life-lineministries.com.
*Life-Line Convalescent Ministries meets or exceeds all HIPAA and California State rules or regulations regarding patient confidentiality and personal contact.
We'll work with your schedule.
8805 N. Magnolia AvenueSantee, CA 92071
- Adult Education
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Faith-based Leadership
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Three hours or more per week
- Six months of previous Life-Line volunteer experience