Hunger is a real problem and you can work to end it by volunteering as a Food Sorting Volunteer with Feeding the Gulf Coast!
Feeding the Gulf Coast seeks Food Sorting Volunteers to help inspect and sort food donations to get them ready for distribution to those in need. This includes checking expiration dates, making sure cans are not rusty or missing labels and boxing similar items together to put on our shelves for our partner organizations to stock their pantries. This project requires you to partake in light/moderate physical activity. You may schedule a volunteer shift for the evenings of Monday through Thursday from 4/5-7PM.
What: Food Sorting with a group of 8 or more people
Where: Feeding the Gulf Coast warehouse and office; 5248 Mobile South Street Theodore, AL
When: Mon-Fri 9AM-12PM and 12:30-3.30PM
Requirements: Ages 14+, close-toed shoes
If you have further questions or wish to speak with a human, call Missy Busby at (251) 653-4208 ext. 127 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- close-toed shoes
- Garden Work @ The Love Garden
- Weekday Food Sorter
- Weedeating at Taylor Park
- Garden Work @ DeTonti Square Park
- Garden Work at Feeding the Gulf...
- Weeknight Food Sorter (groups of...
- Garden Work @ Victory Teaching...
- Garden Work @ Redeemer
- Feeding the Gulf Coast Weekday...
- Garden Work @ Central Presbyterian
- Garden Work @ The Beehive
- Garden Work @ Food Bayou
- Garden Work @ Taylor Park