Crossroads Hospice is beside families for days and months during the care of their loved one. As a journey through the families time of grief, Crossroads Hospice offers families the opportunity to explore their loved ones life with one of our trained volunteers by compliling stories, facts and photos. The volunteers involved in the Life Journal will look through momentos with the families to create this special project that showcased their loved one's life. Families will be able to reflect on happy times and perhaps shed some tears over this difficult moment.
Volunteers are needed to help with interivewing and gathering stories from families of Hospice patients that have passed.
Requirements: Must attend volunteer training
Journal Training: Volunteers will be trainined on interviewing, listening and composing the journal on our journal program. Composing of the journal can be done from the comfort of your own home. Volunteer Managers will always go with volunteers on their 1st - 2nd visit. We walk with you through the entire process until you are comfortable.
Upcoming Training: Thursday October 13, 2016 5:30pm - 8:30pm Location:Crossroads Hospice 11150 Thompson Avenue Lenexa KS 66219
Individual Trainings also available
To RSVP please contact Veronica or Shelia 913-850-7500.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- TB Testing (provided on site) and Background Check, seasonal flu shot
- Love to Read? Evening Hospice...
- Volunteers needed in Kansas...
- A visit can bring a much needed...
- Evening Hospice Volunteer...
- Front Desk & Office Support
- College Students for Crossroads...
- Calling Social Work...
- Creating a book of memories- "A...
- Dog and Cat visitors needed....
- Kids Camp for kids experiencing...
- Volunteers needed Spring Hill,...