Help empower indigenous Batwa in Uganda - from home!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
34 people are interested
The Redemption Song Foundation (RSF) is seeking volunteers to work remotely on an ongoing basis. Join a team working on a very exciting project to align environmental sustainability with community livelihoods. We are a small but growing nonprofit with a big vision and a big heart.
RSF is a (US) 501c3 nonprofit organization with our "base" a few km outside of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, home to critically endangered mountain gorillas, as well as a small community of indigenous Batwa "pygmies." The Batwa are struggling to survive and thrive since the park’s creation. Here’s an article I wrote about the situation before I moved here: http://www.takepart.com/feature/2014/11/25/conservation-refugees-of-uganda-batwa-mountain-gorillas.
We are seeking people to work from home via computer on a variety of projects and tasks, depending on your skills and time. Among other things, we’re looking for someone to do any or several of the below:
- Manage our finances on Quickbooks Online
- Acquire customers for our online fair trade store
- Grow our social media following
- Engage in nonprofit development and consulting
- Write an annual report, or develop a strategic plan along with the director
- Communicate with donors and potential donors
- Research and write grants
- Various administrative tasks
- Opportunities are flexible and we are open to many skills.
For more information about RSF visit http://www.redemptionsongfoundation.org, or our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/redemptionsongfoundation or contact us. Thank you!!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Program Management
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- People 55+