Description of This Service:
The assigned volunteer is responsible for supervising visits and providing a safe, secure environment, physically and emotionally, for children in alternate care by supervising visits with their natural parent(s) agreed-upon site. The volunteer’s schedule is flexible and determined by the hours they want to work and the assignments they accept from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- To supervise visits of non-custodial parents with their child(ren). This includes monitoring and, if necessary, intervening with the parent or child who demonstrated inappropriate physical or verbal behaviors.
- To maintain contact with the social worker assigned to the case.
- To report as soon as possible any problems or concerns regarding a specific client, social worker or visitation request.
- To work with the Volunteer Coordinator, Social Worker and any other collaborating agencies as a team member to best meet the needs of the client.
- To treat clients with respect and dignity.
- To perform only those supervised visitation requests authorized by the Volunteer Coordinator, at the request of a Social Worker, to fulfill the case plan for that individual/family.
- To be prompt in keeping appointments and adhering to agreed upon schedules.
- To abide by the Departments’ Rules of Confidentiality.
- To record time, mileage and supervised visitation reports using the assigned code number and forms. To turn in these forms in a timely manner so that reimbursement can be made and the social workers can be kept up to date.
- To inform the Volunteer Coordinator of vacations, illness etc. that would necessitate a substitute supervisor, with as much advance notice as possible.
- To respect the rules regarding visitation procedures.
- Dependable, flexible and patient.
- Sensitive to the needs of the families we work with.
- Capable of handling emergencies if necessary.
- Hold a valid driver's license if they’re going to transport clients.
- Volunteers are reimbursed for their mileage at the current rate, if using a personal vehicle.
- To receive reimbursements the volunteer must fill out and return the appropriate form/s to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- There is no other reimbursement and the volunteer is not to accept pay or gifts for their services from the client or their representatives.
- Child Development
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- On-going Flexible