Assist with marketing and promotion of Museum via social media and other digital communication channels.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram, preferably in a business/organization/nonprofit setting.
- Writing, communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact is a plus; must be willing to learn.
- Interest in the history and culture of Boston’s West End is a plus.
- Marketing or PR background desirable, but not essential.
- Write regular event notices and other content, and distribute through Constant Contact
- Assist with production of Museum e-newsletter
- Write and schedule social media postings: Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
- Work with archive committee to determine images to share with social media followers
Most of this volunteer position is done remotely, although you need to be available once a month for marketing committee meetings. You’ll need to be able to commit approximately 3-5 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
To apply, please send your resume and a note about any relevant experience not reflected on your resume.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment