The next Volunteer Orientation is Saturday, December 2, 2017! Join us!!
Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteers are unique people who have special places in their hearts that motivate them to provide voluntary services to our Hospice patients and their family members in the home care and inpatient settings.Hospice Volunteers are thoroughly trained in hospice care and are members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team. Specific volunteer tasks may include:
- Giving relief to family caregivers in the home to allow them some special time to rest and relax.
- Running errands and grocery shopping.
- Sharing a hobby or interest.
- Reading to the patient, writing letters or cards, and making telephone calls.
- Preparing light meals and menu planning.
- Listening to music together.
- Visiting with the patient and family.
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year, assignment hours vary
- Volunteers assigned to patients within 10-15 miles of home, work, or school