It won’t be long until the cool, crisp days of fall will arrive! Embrace the magic of the season by signing up to volunteer at our annual free family festival "Fall for the Forest Preserves," on Saturday, October 1 st from Noon to 3 p.m. at Atwood Homestead Forest Preserve (8551 Old River Road, Rockford).
This free, fun-filled event will showcase the many outdoor activities available to families in our preserves, such as camping, fishing, canoeing and more! Nature-themed costumes will add to the fun, but aren’t mandatory. HEREare pictures from past events to give you an idea of the festivities!
Friendly, outgoing volunteers are needed in various areas:
- Welcome Station - greet the public!
- Camping Station - help families roast marshmallows and participate in a sing-along with local musician David Stocker!
- Fishing Station - assist families with fishing and casting games!
- Children's Activities - nature mask decoration, leaf rubbings, create fall trees out of paperbags! Help with our Squirt Gun Painting station, Scavenger Hunt, and Face Painting!
- Horse-drawn Wagon Rides - assist with passenger loading and traffic control!
Not yet a FPWC Volunteer? Click HERE to complete our on-line volunteer application, and we'll contact you with particulars!
Questions? Call us at (815) 877-6100 (T/W/Th) or e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 11:30-3:30 p.m.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to have parent/guardian signature on waiver