Collections Management Assistant Intern
Reports directly to: Registrar & Exhibit Coordinator The Japanese Friendship Garden seeks a Collections Intern to work with the Collections Department to assist with:
- collections storage, inventory backlog, research, and processing;
- artifact handling for internal use;
- regular cleaning and maintenance of artifacts on display in the galleries;
- accessioning and deaccessioning, cataloguing, researching, and entering information into the PastPerfect database.
*** Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org****
Other duties include:
- Provide on-site assistance for the Japanese Friendship Garden Exhibition Coordinator and Registrar (including but not limited cataloging, exhibit set up and take down)
- Assist with planning, preparations, and day of coordination of Exhibitions and JFG Events
- Answer phone and web inquiries to do with Collections Management
- Maintain and organize collections database
- Provide on-site coordination support to Garden staff at private events
- Assist with design, development, and distribution of promotional materials including: newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters, and invitations.
- Market exhibits on community calendars and other marketing channels using JFG Master Marketing Calendar
- Exhibition Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 months
- Student studying collections, art, non profit, etc preferred. A minimum of 8 hours per week.