Get outside and help the environment with a Park Cleanup!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
140 people are interested
We need your help to keep our parks and streams clean! You can either join an already planned park cleanup (go to our website www.ParksVolunteers.org to see a list) or organize your own!
Organizing and holding a cleanup event is easy and fun and is a great way to get outdoors and help your local environment. We will work with your existing group or help you recruit one and we'll work with you to find a conveniently located project site.
We'll need to know five things in order to get your cleanup organized:
1) The date you would like to do a cleanup
2) Where you would like to do the cleanup (a specific location is great but it's fine to have a general area or even no preference)
3) The estimated size of your group
4) How long you would like the project to be
5) If you would like to make this a private cleanup, or are looking for additional volunteers.
Once we have a plan your group will be provided with gloves and trash bags, a special volunteer permit letter, safety guidelines, and park staff & park police will be notified about the cleanup and haul away the trash afterwards.
About Montgomery Parks, M-NCPPC
Parkside Headquarters, 9500 Brunett Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20901, US
Protect and interpret our valuable natural and cultural resources; balance the demand for recreation with the need for conservation; offer a variety of enjoyable recreational activities that encourage healthy lifestyles; and provide clean, safe, and accessible places for leisure-time activities.
Our agency is located just north of Washington D.C., and was originally created to protect the stream valleys around the D.C. area. We have grown into a 34,000 acre park system with over 400 local, urban and regional parks; recreation centers; ballfields; playgrounds; nature centers, a botanic garden and over 200 miles of trails.
We'll work with your schedule.
Montgomery County ParksVarious Park LocationsSilver Spring, MD 20901
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Can be 10 minutes and up to 4 hours!
- Volunteers under 14 are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult