Business Marketing & Community Relations Internship
Be part of the team at Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles - Philadelphia, making lasting changes to impact the health, education, human rights, and future of the African community.
This is an unpaid internship with a minimum commitment of 3 months. Intern will be supervised by the Business Marketing & Community Relations Developer, receiving weekly support and feedback.
* Assist with calls, emails and mailings
* Assist with business donor appreciation program
* Assist with the distribution of marketing material to various business partner locations
* Assist Donations Administrator with scheduling and coordinating the pick-up of incoming donations
* Work closely with the lead Business Marketing & Community Relations Developer to achieve organizational goals and objectives
* Lead on small projects as needed
* Help develop volunteer program
* Research potential business donors and community activities
* Self-motivated, able to work from own initiative with limited guidance
* Strong customer service skills & ability to work with a range of people from different backgrounds
* Excellent oral & written communication skills
* Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
* Proficiency with basic computer tasks (i.e. internet research, email)
* Proficient typing skill
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Passion for community/international development
* Skills in business development & marketing
* 10-20 hours per week on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday
* Minimum commitment of 3 months required
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is located at 832 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19130. We hold volunteer orientations every Thursday night from 5-6pm on the second floor of our store. You can come into the store to sign up for the volunteer orientation, or you can give us a call at 215-546-9616. You can also check out our blog at uhurufurniturephilly.blogspot.com for new items and volunteer projects. We're open 6 days a week from 11am-6pm, every day except Monday!
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per week - Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- Minimum of 3 months commitment
- Sewing for Social Justice!
- Volunteer at Uhuru Furniture &...
- Internship: Business Marketing &...
- Unemployed/Retired? Meaningful...
- Postering! Exercise, Sun and...
- Practice Your Photoshop Skills...
- Need Community Service Hours?...
- Internship: Outreach Coordinator
- Join the Volunteer Promotions Team
- Volunteer Your HTML/CSS Skills...
- Marketing For Social Justice
- Group Service Project
- Internship: Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Assistant Volunteer...
- Graphic Artist - Design for...
- Furniture Painting for Social...