Summary of Position
The customer intake associate serves by providing support with customer service, clerical and general administrative duties for the Pikes Peak Workforce Center (PPWFC). The objective of this role is to help develop the capacity of the PPWFC to serve more people in El Paso and Teller Counties and to have a greater positive economic impact within the Pikes Peak Region.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to questions or direct customers to the appropriate staff member
- Respond to walk-in customers, providing guidance about services offered and programs available.
- Assist customers with tasks such as filling out applications, registering with PPWFC, signing up for workshops, etc.
- Assist in identification of eligible customers for specific work-readiness programs
- Learn the components of all of the services and programs available to young adult job seekers and be able to educate others on them
- Perform essential office clerical duties such as printing/copying, collating materials, typing/drafting documents, filing, shredding, and organizing
- Perform a variety of data entry tasks, such as inputting data from phone calls
- Answer general questions from customers or serve as a liaison between program participants and staff
- Adhere to the PPWFC customer service standards at all times
- Work closely with PPWFC staff
- Complete required tracking of volunteer hours, tasks completed, etc., as appropriate for position
- Attend meetings, trainings and events as requested and when possible
- Understand and adhere to all programmatic and agency policies, especially those concerning confidentiality
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience directly related to duties of position highly preferred
- Proficient with standard office equipment such as computer, multi-line telephone, fax machine, copier, scanner, etc. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office? software: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- The ability and willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable working directly with a diverse population of customers
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at once and remain flexible
- A high degree of professionalism and a friendly, positive attitude
Term of Service
The volunteer must commit to a minimum of 6 months of service, at least 9 hours per month in shifts of no less than 3 hours. Shifts are flexible, but must be within the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Professional development in the area of customer service and workforce development
- Increased skills in working with the public and diverse populations
- The opportunity to be an integral part of helping an individual improve employability, get a job, retain employment and improve the economic vitality of the Pikes Peak Region
- Work with a great team of supportive, devoted professionals who are invested in your personal success
- Orientation to PPWFC and volunteer program will be provided and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Position-specific training/support will be provided by PPWFC and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Ongoing support from Customer Service Team Lead and department staff.
Department Youth Services
Reports to Customer Service Team Lead and Department Team Lead or Designee
Work Conditions Work is performed in an office environment.Selection, Training and Development Process
- Complete a PPWFC Volunteer Inquiry online at www.ppwfc.org
- Interview with the Customer Service Team Lead
- Pass a background and reference check
- Complete all necessary volunteer paperwork
- Sign a written volunteer agreement to commit to a minimum of 6-months of service
- Attend mandatory orientation (provided by PPWFC)
- Complete mandatory position-specific training
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Youth Services
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training