Summary of Position
The administrative associate serves by providing support with clerical and general administrative duties for the Youth Services department of the Pikes Peak Workforce Center (PPWFC). The objective of this role is to help develop the capacity of the Youth Services program to serve more people in El Paso and Teller Counties and to have a greater positive economic impact within the Pikes Peak Region.
- Perform essential office clerical duties such as printing/copying, collating materials for workshops and community outreach activities, typing/drafting documents, filing, shredding, organizing and running errands within the facility
- Complete scanning of customer documents into computer; uploading documents into the customers’ electronic record
- Conduct phone calls to customers to remind them of workshop registrations
- Conduct phone calls to customers to follow-up on program interest forms
- Perform a variety of data entry tasks, such as inputting results from customer satisfactions surveys
- Answer general questions from customers or serve as a liaison between program participants and staff
- Adhere to the PPWFC customer service standards at all times
- Complete required tracking of volunteer hours, tasks completed, etc., as appropriate for position.
- Participate in volunteer evaluations to help improve mutual satisfaction and the volunteer program itself.
- Attend meetings, trainings and events as requested and when possible.
- Understand and adhere to all programmatic and agency policies, especially those concerning confidentiality.
- Complete other administrative duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in office administration and/or customer service highly preferred
- Proficient with standard office equipment such as computer, multi-line telephone, fax machine, copier, scanner, etc. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- The ability and willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable working directly with a diverse population of customers
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at once and remain flexible
- A high degree of professionalism and a friendly, positive attitude
Term Of Service
The volunteer must commit to a minimum of 6 months of service, at least 9 hours per month in shifts of no less than 3 hours. Shifts are flexible, but must be within the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Professional development in the area of administrative office support and workforce development
- Increased skills in working with the public and diverse populations
- The opportunity to be an integral part of helping someone become work-ready and improve the economic vitality of the Pikes Peak Region
- Work with a great team of supportive, devoted professionals who are invested in your personal success
- Orientation to PPWFC and volunteer program will be provided and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Position-specific training will be provided by PPWFC and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Ongoing support from Volunteer Services Coordinator and designated department staff.
Department Youth Services
Reports to Volunteer Services Coordinator and Youth Services Team Lead or Designee
Work Conditions Work is performed in an office environment.
Selection, Training and Development Process
- Complete a PPWFC Volunteer Inquiry online at www.ppwfc.org
- Interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Pass a background and reference check
- Complete all necessary volunteer paperwork
- Sign a written volunteer agreement to commit to a minimum of 6-months of service
- Attend mandatory orientation (provided by PPWFC)
- Complete mandatory position-specific training
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Youth Services
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training