Summary of Position
The special guest presenter will serve by providing occasional presentations for the Young Adult Services department of the Pikes Peak Workforce Center (PPWFC). The objective of this role is to help elicit interest in the PPWFC’s youth workshops by facilitating a specialized workshop on a topic that is relevant and interesting to El Paso and Teller County young adults ages 16-24.
- Facilitate specialized training to groups of young adults ages 16-24 at the PPWFC facility or at off-site locations
- Develop curriculum based on your individual specialty or area of expertise
- Work with Young Adults Services to ensure presentations are appropriate, relevant and consistent with the PPWFC message
- Solicit feedback from young adults regarding workshop impact
- Adhere to the PPWFC customer service standards at all times
- Work closely with PPWFC staff
- Complete required tracking of volunteer hours, tasks completed, etc., as appropriate for position
- Participate in volunteer evaluations to help improve mutual satisfaction and the volunteer program itself
- Attend meetings, trainings and events as requested and when possible.
- Understand and adhere to all programmatic and agency policies
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Be able to facilitate a workshop of your design using expert-level knowledge
- Excellent public speaking skills, especially in front of groups of young adults
- The ability and willingness to adapt to better serve young adult job seekers
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable working directly with a diverse population of young adult customers
- A high degree of professionalism and a friendly, positive attitude
- Extremely reliable and timely
The volunteer must commit to a minimum of 6 months of service. Workshop facilitation schedule can be flexible; however, the ideal guest presentation will be a minimum of 1.5 hours and will be offered once per quarter.
- Professional development in the area of training facilitation and workforce development
- Increased skills in working with the public and diverse young adult populations
- The opportunity to be an integral part of helping a young adult become engaged with their community and their future
- Help improve the economic vitality of the Pikes Peak Region
- Work with a great team of supportive, devoted professionals who are invested in your personal success
- Orientation to PPWFC and volunteer program will be provided and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Position-specific training/support will be provided by PPWFC and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Ongoing support from First Impressions Manager and department staff.
Department Young Adult Services
Reports to First Impressions Manager and Programs Manager or Designee
Work Conditions Work is performed in an office environment.
Selection, Training and Development Process
1. Complete a PPWFC Volunteer Inquiry online at www.ppwfc.org
2. Interview with the First Impressions Manager
3. Pass a background and reference check
4. Complete all necessary volunteer paperwork
5. Sign a written volunteer agreement to commit to a minimum of 6-months of service
6. Attend mandatory orientation (provided by PPWFC)
7. Complete mandatory position-specific training
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months of service