The Utica Children’s Museum is operating in near start-up mode and is in the process of being transformed into a hands-on, interactive destination that will impact more than 100,000 visitors over the next five years.
We are seeking friendly, outgoing, individuals to act as a Museum Ambassadors to help out on the Museum floor. The position is a mix of guiding families if they have questions, light cleaning of the exhibits and related objects, and ensuring safety for all visitors.
One day you might be in the early childhood education section working with our youngest visitors (ages 0-5), the next is on the second floor running the dance floor, or upstairs in the art studio.
Must be passionate about children and education.
This is great for high school students seeking community service hours; retired school teachers who want to make a difference in the community, and anyone who has some time to give back!
We are looking for two hour commitments from individuals for select days of the week and month. Any additional help is greatly appreciated. Important dates such as those of our special events and some weekend help would be helpful if possible.
If interested we can train you on giving field trip and group tours.
Thank you for your interest!
- Customer Service
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- min of two 2hr shift a month, more if available
- Sample schedule is "every other Wed 1-4 and special events as needed"
- Custodian / Maintenance Volunteer
- Transportation Assistance as...
- Utica Children's Museum Docent
- Model Train Enthusiasts
- Office Assistant
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Fun and Energetic Marketing and...
- Space Exploration Enthusiasts
- Volunteer Coordinator for...
- Looking for a great one day...
- Short-Term - Programs/Activities