The Utica Children’s Museum is operating in near start-up mode and is in the process of being transformed into a hands-on, interactive destination that will impact more than 100,000 visitors over the next five years.
We are seeking a motivated individual to assist staff with managing the Museum’s outbound messaging and social media conversations. You must be a consummate professional with an aptitude for discretion and diplomacy. Help generate and analyze social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, You Tube, and others as assigned (such as TripAdvisor and Yelp). Help with keeping the Museum’s website (UticaCM.org) updated.
Must be able to understand and enjoy social media; video editing, and basic graphic design skills desired, must be passionate about children’s museums.
We seek someone that can commit 5 to 10 hours a week for no less than four months.
July - August: we have a summer traveling exhibit on nano-technology and nanobiology. We also have a family gala called "Allice in Nano-Land" on July 25th. If you like parties, press releases, and contacting the media, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 - 10 hours a week for no less than four months
- Need to be available for occasional meetings onsite on one of these days: Thurs, Fri or Sat
- Transportation Assistance as...
- Custodian / Maintenance Volunteer
- Model Train Enthusiasts
- Utica Children's Museum Docent
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Office Assistant
- Fun and Energetic Marketing and...
- Space Exploration Enthusiasts
- Volunteer Coordinator for...
- Looking for a great one day...
- Short-Term - Programs/Activities