RACE: Are We So Different? helps visitors understand what race is and what it is not. It gives them the tools to recognize racial ideas and practices in contemporary American life. The exhibit explores three themes: the everyday experience of race, the contemporary science that is challenging common ideas about race, and the history of this idea in the United States.
We need Monday Volunteers!!!
- Public Speaking
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One 4 hour shift weekly on Mondays!
- Experiment Gallery Interpreter
- LEGO Towers of Tomorrow Exhibit...
- Play Tinker Make Saturdays...
- RACE: Are We So Different? ...
- Sportsology Gallery Volunteer
- Dinosaurs and Fossils Exhibit...
- Mississippi River Gallery...
- Human Body Gallery Exhibit...
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Collectors' Corner Volunteer
- Science Museum Event Volunteer