RACE: Are We So Different? helps visitors understand what race is and what it is not. It gives them the tools to recognize racial ideas and practices in contemporary American life. The exhibit explores three themes: the everyday experience of race, the contemporary science that is challenging common ideas about race, and the history of this idea in the United States.
We need Monday Volunteers!!!
- Public Speaking
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One 4 hour shift weekly on Mondays!
- LEGO Towers of Tomorrow Exhibit...
- Play Tinker Make Saturdays...
- Dinosaurs and Fossils Exhibit...
- Human Body Gallery Exhibit...
- Collectors' Corner Volunteer
- Preschool Playdates Volunteer
- Experiment Gallery Interpreter
- RACE: Are We So Different? ...
- Sportsology Gallery Volunteer
- Mississippi River Gallery...
- Big River Journey Station...
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Science Museum Event Volunteer