Minds Matter of Los Angeles provides a rigorous academic and college prep program for bright, motivated high school students from low-income families earning less than $25,000 per year. As a mentor, you will help your student manage the various projects that are part of this life-changing program, such as applying to summer programs at universities across the country.
You will work as a pair of mentors with a single student, meeting with your student every Saturday during the school year from 12:30-2:30pm. The Minds Matter year startsSept 23 for the sophomores, so you will have a chance to jump right in and get started soon!
For more information, please complete our volunteer questionnaire: https://www.tfaforms.com/310839 so we can learn a little more about you.
You can also visit our website at www.mindsmatterla.org or email us at email@example.com.
- Since 1991, 100% of Minds Matter graduates have been accepted to a 4-year college or university
- Over 90% of our students will be the first in their families to graduate from college
- From 2012-2015 Our students have been awarded 7 Gates Millennium Scholarships
- Newly implemented Financial Literacy program (launched 2014)
To apply, please complete our volunteer questionnaire located at https://www.tfaforms.com/310839 so we can learn a little more about you. Visit our website at www.mindsmatterla.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 - 3 hours per week
- College Graduate