The Volunteers of America Handyman Program is looking for a volunteer who is interested in getting to know the community! We need someone who enjoys networking, is outgoing, and is willing to strike up a conversation!
The ideal volunteer has a heart for seniors in our community and is interested in learning more about non-profit operations and community development. The position will be focused on meeting with local agencies, businesses and individuals to discuss our program, and build relationships.
A little about the Handyman Program:
The Handyman Program focuses on helping seniors and people with disabilities live independently through fall prevention, home modifications and home repairs. We coordinate about 40 jobs a month in Larimer County, including building wheelchair ramps, installing grab bars and changing light bulbs. Currently the program has about 35 volunteers who stay very busy working on projects.
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week, flexible times
- Six month commitment
- Seeking companions in Berthoud...
- Are you a good listener? Be a...
- Are You a People Person With a...
- Male Volunteers Needed!
- Be a pal to local pets!
- Pampering Time! Provide...
- BINGO! This volunteer...
- Do you have sewing skills?
- Admin support for a great...
- Art Program Leader
- Is Visiting Home Depot Fun? Join...
- Make new friends while you...
- Share your CO knowledge with...
- Serving Smiles with Lunch!
- Help your community and share...
- Everybody needs somebody!
- Make a Friend with an Estes Park...
- Lets Build Up Our Community!...
- Want to work at a museum?
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!