Homeless Volunteer at Prado Day Center
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where43 Prado RoadSan Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Prado Day Center Volunteer Opportunities
The founding and operation of the Prado Day Center is a testament to the efforts of numerous individuals and organizations, working together to provide a facility and service center for the homeless during the day time hours. The site is managed by the Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County Inc. and offers essential day-to-day services for homeless individuals and families, such as meals, showers and laundry, phone calls and messages, mail pick-up, bus tokens, employment listings, on-site health services, children's play area, and more.
There are many opportunities to volunteer at Prado Day Center and serve our community's homeless individuals and families.
- Breakfast Serving Volunteer: Set up and serve breakfast from 8:15-9:30am (open only when we do not have a hot breakfast provider).
- Provide a breakfast: Provide a warm breakfast to approximately 100 people from 8:15-9:30am.
- Front Desk Volunteer: This involves greeting clients, checking IDs, and updating daily logs. Front Desk volunteers also answer phones and take messages, sort mail, and give information to clients. Shifts are 8:30am-12:30pm or 12:30p-4:30 pm and require training and a monthly commitment.
- We can always utilize volunteers for office assistance, filing, cleaning projects, helping with laundry, organizing donations, etc.
Please see our website at www.capslo.org/sec-volunteers
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Basic Computer Skills
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training