Do you enjoy interacting with the public, making them feel welcome and comfortable? Do you have an interest in local and sustainable food? Would you like to be involved in farm-to-table dinners scheduled for every other Friday, June 30 through September at Powisset Farm? We are currently recruiting for motivated and talented volunteers to assist us during our Friday Farm Dinners, Mother’s Day & Father's Day events. Come work 1 or 2 events, or all of them if you like! Volunteers will have an opportunity to enjoy a delicious meal and a tasty beverage, if over 21.
* Assist with set up and clean up, including the ability to lift tables and chairs
* Welcoming visitors, checking in guests and helping answer questions about the Farm
* Communicate effectively with staff and other volunteers
* Dress in white shirt and khaki slacks for Farm Dinners preferred
* Log volunteer hours
* Have excellent communication skills
* Friendly and outgoing personality
* Have reliable transportation to the Farm
* Enjoy working with people
Come for one or two events, or come for all! Below are the dates and times:
May 13 (10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
June 17 (11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
July 13 (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
July 27 (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
August 10 (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
August 24 (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
September 7 (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4-5 hours depending on the event
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Communications Intern - Francis...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Winterlude Festival - Rocky Woods
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...