Chief Gratitude Assistant
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
At Make-A-Wish, we grant wishes for kids with life-threatening medical conditions. Volunteers are the driving force of Make-A-Wish, out in the community, meeting with wish families, presenting the wishes, and raising awareness and funds to grant the wishes. The Volunteer Services Department is looking for a volunteer to assist with recognizing and appreciating the volunteer base.
We are looking for a volunteer who can help 3-4 hours per week, on a regular, weekly basis. The shift must be done during our office hours - 9am-5pm M-F. We can mutually decide what shift time works with your schedule (e.g. Monday 9am-1pm, Friday, 1pm-5pm, or whatever works best with your schedule). We also require that the volunteer be willing to agree to a minimum six-month commitment. All the office work will be done at the Make-A-Wish office in San Francisco.
- Sending thank you cards to volunteers who are completing wishes
- Forwarding photos, wish art, and words of the wish family to volunteers
- Sending birthday cards to volunteers
- Tracking volunteers who are reaching milestones of service (5 years, 10 years, etc.) and acknowledging those milestones
- Posting volunteer highlights on the volunteer Facebook group
Required skills and experience:
- Creative skills to make thank you and birthday cards look special
- Experience with Facebook (must have your own Facebook account)
- Experience running queries in databases, and exporting information, especially Raiser’s Edge
The Volunteer Appreciation Assistant must be at least 18 years old. If you are interested in this position, please email our Volunteer Manager at volunteer [at] sfwish [dot] org to express interest, and include a resume.
We'll work with your schedule.
1333 Broadway StOakland, CA 94612
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 or 4 hs/week - 6 Month commitment
- Social Media, Creative Skills, Minor photo editing.