VITA (VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE)
The United Way Tarrant County VITA programs provides free income tax assistance to low income working tax payers and help them claim important tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit. The VITA program continues to grow each year and without the help of volunteers, the VITA program would not be successful.
- United Way Tarrant County VITA Program goal is to increase the financial stability of individuals and families in Tarrant County.
- Gain a skill as a Certified IRS Tax Preparer (Free Training Provided)
- Meet other VITA volunteers who are making a difference
- Help low to moderate income families with free tax assistance
- Incentives for volunteers throughout the 13 week tax season
- The Annual Volunteer Appreciation Celebration
- Volunteer groups are always welcome!
- Training starts in November
- VITA Tax Sites open in January and close in April
Choose your volunteer role with VITA as a Certified Tax Preparer (most role needed), Greeter/Intake Specialist, Savings Ambassador, or an Interpreter.
Free training and training materials provided. Does not require previous tax experience. Basic computer skills helpful.
- Reading Comprehension
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Two to three hours shifts during tax season