Meet and greet visitors at events at the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in Canton. Help us share information about our mission and properties. Get the word out by signing folks up for our mailing lists. Recruit new members and donors. Meet new people and have fun while giving back to your community!
- Set up an information station (table, chair, display board) and stock it with brochures and information about the Trustees and Trustees’ properties.
- Talk with visitors, answering questions about The Trustees and Trustees’ properties
- Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
- Educate the public about the goals of the Trustees and encourage membership
- Have reliable transportation to the event, with adequate capacity to transport table, chair, display board
- Desire to meet with the public, and share knowledge of The Trustees and the Trustees’ properties
- Good communication skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions: hot and dry, cold or wet, etc.
- Ability to carry and set up table and chair, restock supplies
- Experience working with the public (desired, not required)
- Knowledge of the Trustees and Trustees’ properties (desired, not required)
- Knowledge of any or all of the following: history, landscape architecture, gardening/farming, and/or ecology of the area. (desired, not required)
Time Commitment Needed
Two to four hours depending on the event.
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours depending on the event
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Education Intern - Weir River Farm
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Communications Outreach...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...