Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. The JFS Marketing Department is responsible for communicating the agency’s impact to clients, volunteers, donors, staff, and the wider public through online and print media.
Goal of Position:
The Marketing & Social Media Intern will be an active member of our in-house marketing team, helping to drive engagement across a variety of platforms and channels. You’ll have a chance to pitch ideas, create original content for the web and social media, and contribute to the production of outreach materials for client-centered programs and services. Along the way, you’ll gain hands-on experience in writing, research, project coordination, and social media management-and build an impressive portfolio for your next job interview. (You’ll also laugh a lot and maybe learn some new dance moves.)
- Open to college juniors or seniors, recent graduates, or current job seekers looking to gain experience in the field of marketing.
- Hours are flexible.
- While the internship is unpaid, a $500 stipend is available with current enrollment in a credit-bearing college course.
- Get to know our organization from the inside out to unearth the ideas and stories that matter to our community
- Participate in the planning, production, scheduling, and publishing of social media and web content
- Write, edit, and proofread copy other projects as assigned
- Conduct industry research and competitive analysis, and provide actionable advice for increasing online engagement
- Audit social medial accounts for messaging consistency and performance
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Field social media comments and inquiries
- Provide administrative support, which may include digital file-keeping; transcribing interviews; maintaining lists and spreadsheets; sorting, tagging, and indexing photos or video footage; and other tasks as needed.
- You’re passionate about creating content that captivates, entertains, educates, and inspires.
- The people who know you best see you as creative, inquisitive, hard-working, and an excellent storyteller.
- You are able to adapt your voice and write with the reader in mind.
- You bring strong writing skills and a knack for conceptual thinking - always looking for the best way to communicate an idea.
- You know your way around social media and are eager to expand your tool set.
- You do your research and bring new ideas to the table.
- Ego? You don’t even know what that is. You’re ready to work as a team and start contributing to one of San Diego’s most impactful human services agencies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Strong project coordination skills, including ability to prioritize, work proactively, and build positive relationships with co-workers and collaborators
- Ability to articulate your ideas clearly, both orally and in writing
- Track record of keeping commitments, meeting deadlines, and communicating openly to keep projects moving forward
- Willingness to ask questions and take constructive feedback
- Experience with Photoshop, Canva, and/or Wordpress a plus
Asking for a minimum 128-hour commitment (the equivalent of 8 hours per week, for 16-weeks).
Jewish Family Service * Turk Family Center * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
Communications & Digital Content Specialist
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 8 hours per week
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Table Captain- Balboa Ave Older...
- Development Administrative...
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Citizenship Instructor
- Kitchen Aide
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Camp Pendleton Military...
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Newsletter Production Volunteer
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Receptionist Assistant
- Performer/Entertainer for Older...
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...
- Public Transportation Navigator