Become a Mentor, Become a Defender of Potential
16 people are interested
We believe in a world where every child lives up to their full potential--where all children are supported, loved, and cared for. Become a defender of potential. Join the more than 700 volunteer mentors across Utah to make a difference in the life of a Little.
Many relationships between Bigs and Littles fall under our Community-Based program. This simply means that the mentoring takes place somewhere in the community. Meetings might take place on weeknights or weekends, and include all types of one-to-one outings and activities, such as:
- Taking a walk in the park
- Working on a school project together at the library
- Going to a museum
- Listening to music
- Hanging out and talking
We are actively recruiting Commuity-Based Bigs right now.
Volunteer Enrollment Process
1. The first step is to go through the online Volunteer Orientation here: http://bbbsu.org/volunteer
2. After you have completed the online volunteer orientation process, our customer relations specialist will send you an enrollment packet to complete and a link to schedule your in-person interview.
3. Bring your completed application to the in-person interview.
4. After completing your in-person interview, our enrollers will contact your references while you complete online training.
5 . Then once everything for enrollment is completed, a decision will be made about acceptance into our program, and if that is favorable, we will make every effort to match you with a mentee.
Note: All of our volunteers must complete the application, pass a background check (or, if under 18, must have a parent permission slip instead), provide at least 3 references, and meet with one of our enrollment staff for an interview before being assigned a web-based mentor training.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Salt Lake AreaSalt Lake City, UT 84115
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 times per month for one year