Mentor and Change a Life
11 people are interested
We believe in a world where every child lives up to their full potential--where all children are supported, loved, and cared for. Mentoring changes lives. Join the more than 800 volunteer mentors across Utah to make a difference in the life of a Little.
Many relationships between Bigs and Littles fall under our Community-Based program. This simply means that the mentoring takes place somewhere in the community. Meetings might take place on weeknights or weekends, and include all types of one-to-one outings and activities, such as:
- Taking a walk in the park
- Working on a school project together at the library
- Going to a museum
- Listening to music
- Hanging out and talking
We are actively recruiting Commuity-Based Bigs right now.
Volunteer Enrollment Process
1. The first step is to go through the online Volunteer Orientation here: http://bbbsu.org/volunteer
2. After you have completed the online volunteer orientation process, our customer relations specialist will send you an enrollment packet to complete.
3. After completing the enrollment packet and submitting to the customer relations specialist, we will pass along your application to our enrollment team.
4. One of our enrollment specialists will reach out to you to schedule an in-person interview.
5. After completing your in-person interview, our enrollers will contact your references while you complete online training.
6. Then once everything for enrollment is completed, a decision will be made about acceptance into our program, and if that is favorable, we will make every effort to match you with a mentee.
Note: All of our volunteers must complete the application, pass a background check (or, if under 18, must have a parent permission slip instead), provide at least 3 references, and meet with one of our enrollment staff for an interview before being assigned a web-based mentor training.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Salt Lake AreaSalt Lake City, UT 84115
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 times per month for one year