Operations Volunteer Position
Mission: The Latino Union of Chicago collaborates with low-income immigrant workers to develop the tools necessary to collectively improve their social and economic conditions.
Role: The Latino Union of Chicago is seeking an Operations Volunteer to complete independent projects and provide administrative support to the management and organizing staff. Hours and focus of work are flexible depending on availability, skills, and interests. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least 3 hours a week for a minimum of two months.
- Data entry, filing, spreadsheet management
- Answer phones, receive, and properly distribute messages
- Update and enter contacts in our database system
- Preparation of materials and documents for staff, member, board meetings
- Assist in event planning (invites, logistics, program, etc.)
- Conduct independent research for the different organization programs and administrative staff
- Manage donor and member mailings
- Create and update flyers, brochures
- Manage inventory of office supplies and materials for workshops
- Excellent organization, communications, and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Some familiarity and/or interest in social justice movements, especially in labor and immigration issues
This is a volunteer position, however, the candidate will obtain valuable experience in administrative tasks, event planning, and social justice movements. High school students may receive community learning service hours and college students may receive internship or service learning credit.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- Database Administration
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-15 hours per week for a minimum of two months