Austin Creative Alliance Internship
The Membership Coordinator Internship will assist the department director to maintain, cultivate and grow individual, organizational, and Sponsored Project members of Austin Creative Alliance. Will contribute to ideas for developing new member benefits and programs that meet the changing needs of our members and creative community. We expect that the internship will be between 15 hours and 25 hours a week.
- Secondary point of contact for ACA members
- Maintain detailed and accurate records (both electronic and hard copies) of membership records, Sponsored Project Applications, SP contracts, Donations, Donation Thank you letters, Grant applications including City Funding Applications, grant reports
- Assist in the management of membership renewal campaigns
- Assist in the maintenance of the Membership database.
- Assist department director to ensure sponsored project contract compliance - including checking SP websites and printed materials for the mandatory publicity statement, ACA logo and links to ACA website.
- Event Planner and manger for most of ACA's programs including Annual Unified Auditions, Monthly Creative Mix-Ups, and many others
- Manage ACA's Volunteer and Internship Program
- Create and Implement new programs based on Membership and creative community feedback
- Manage check in at all events
- Assist with the script check-out program
- Help to maintain and update all ACA general office documents
- Update ACA's Constant contact mailing lists
- Update ACA Board Book and Board Related Materials
- Create weekly online updates to our internal community online
- Moderate discussions as needed
- Provide content as needed
- Pull reports weekly for department director and CEO
- Occasionally attend City, and community events with department director
- Work closely with department director to create monthly reports for board meetings as needed
- Various other tasks as needed.
Instructions to apply
Please provide cover letter detailing interest in nonprofit work, as well as any relevant coursework, your time frame of availability, with exact start date and end date. Please also include the approximate number of hours you can work weekly, and on what days (M-T-W-Th-Fr).
Send all info in cover letter, along with resume to: email@example.com
Internship is unpaid.
About Austin Creative Alliance
The mission of the Austin Creative Alliance is to advance, connect and advocate for Austin’s arts, cultural, and creative communities in order to strengthen and protect the character, quality of life, and economic prosperity of our region.
The Austin Creative Alliance (ACA) was established via the transformation of an existing arts service organization, Austin Circle of Theaters (ACOT), which had been operating since 1974. ACA is poised for growth and innovation, inspired by the community-led CreateAustin Plan, which forged a pathway for invigorating Austin’s "culture of creativity" and recommended establishing ACA as a top priority. ACA has already expanded its core services to better assist individuals and organizations in the creative sector, revamped its board, revised its internal policies and procedures, and hired a dynamic interim Executive Director to lead our next phase of development.
ACA strengthens the region’s creative sector through: Advocacy and Cultural Policy; Marketing and Communication; and Membership Services. For more on our Services click here
- ACA presently provides direct services to 51 emerging arts groups and 420 member organizations and individuals--across several disciplines.
- ACA’s NowPlayingAustin site and On the Town on Time Warner Cable News bring events and activities of 783 organizations to 250,000 households weekly.
- ACA’s sponsorship of Austin’s New Works Theatre Community garnered a $90,000 Mellon Foundation planning grant. (RudeMechs, FuseBox, TheatreActionProject are grads of ACA’s sponsorship program.)
- ACA partners with Fractured Atlas to bring affordable health, liability, teaching artist insurance to region’s cultural workers.
- ACA is currently working with Pew Charitable Trusts to help bring their Cultural Data Project to Texas to serve artists, funders, and arts organizations.
- Austin Creative Alliance is funded and supported in part by a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts and the City of Austin through the Cultural Arts Division believing an investment in the Arts is an investment in Austin’s future. Visit Austin at NowPlayingAustin.com.
- Theater Arts
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
- Music Arts
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 15 to 25 hours per week, dates are flexible