27 people are interested
Hospitality/Food Service Volunteers - Chestnut Street House
Please visit the new page to apply.
27 people are interested
The Hospitality/Food Services Volunteer assists in keeping our Grab 'n Go Food Service area stocked and ready for our guest families to use. This role is for an energetic and organized person who enjoys helping people, is adept at stocking/re-stocking perishable and non-perishable food items and supplies and is interested in potential food prep opportunities.
Volunteer hours are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday, 4pm to 8pm.
- Maintaining the availability of coffee for guests throughout your shift - brewing coffee
- Stocking/Re-stocking of food in Grab 'n Go area including fresh fruit, sweet and salty snacks, refrigerated items, condiments, bagels, muffins, etc.
- Sanitizing the Grab 'n Go area on a regular basis - wiping counters and other high touch areas
- Maintaining cleanliness of appliances regularly in use - microwave, toaster oven, coffee urns
- Maintain supply levels - disposable cups & lids, plates, utensils and other items
- Serving dinner buffet-style
- Food packaging and labeling
Additional tasks may include:
- Assisting kitchen staff in meal service prep
- Dish, pot and/or equipment cleaning
- Must be able to be actively in motion completing tasks for four (4) hours at a time (a break is permitted)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to lift items weighing 25 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be in a sub 40F degree temperature setting for 15-minute intervals for refrigerated restocking
04:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Days vary. Volunteers commit to 2 to 4 shifts per month.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region
3925 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope.
Our two Ronald McDonald Houses provide temporary lodging, transportation, meals, and social services to families who travel to Philadelphia for pediatric care. Our three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms extend the support of our Houses into the hospital setting and offer a quiet respite space for families at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Ronald McDonald Camp is a week-long overnight camp for children with cancer and their siblings held in the Pocono Mountains every August. The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, operated in partnership with St. Christopher’s Foundation for Children, provides comprehensive and continuous oral healthcare to children in North Philadelphia.
Founded in 1974 as the first Ronald McDonald House, RMHC Philly has grown from a single idea to the model for over 380 Houses and programs worldwide.
3925 Chestnut StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19104
April 15, 2022
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week, or more